Friday, April 30, 2010

Homeless and Homesick

If you know me, you probably know that I am a home-body. I like to spend hours, days on end, alone or with others, at home. I like to putter around the house, alternately making and cleaning up messes. I love having my own space to think, reflect, create and relax.

When we started planning our road trip last year I was not so happy with our living situation and not so happy with my job and life in general. I was feeling crowded by my own involvements and emotions. I wanted a change.

I've always wanted to go on a long journey, go away and maybe never come back. I have wanderlust and desire for adventures in unknown places. I've moved a lot and felt adaptable my whole life.

And now here I am. I just got back from a 5 month trip and we've been home for two weeks only to leave again for a 6 month apprenticeship. I am so excited to go to the farm and move into our cabin but torn about leaving my friends and Vancouver. I'm tired of living out of a suitcase and having all my art supplies and sewing stuff in storage. I miss having a home!

I want to make things! I want to create and share and be a part of a community again. My challenge now is to make my life a piece of art and build a community around me wherever I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment