Sunday, April 25, 2010

Orion Magazine

Yesterday I indulged and subscribed to this amazing magazine, Orion. Jay and I read a bunch of issues cover to cover at our first WWOOF farm. It is so inspiring and beautiful and they offer a lot of the articles free on the website. My favourite things about it are the lack of advertisements and the inclusion of short fiction and poetry as well as beautiful art and photography spreads.

In terms of content it is mostly regarding environmental issues but it brings these issues up in the human context and addresses community and spirituality as essential elements in our interaction with our environment. Anyhoo, I love it and can't wait to hold it in my hands. Although, digital subscriptions are cheaper and don't require paper...

No comments:

Post a Comment