Saturday, October 9, 2010

Autumn Bounty

Our season finished with a bang. Literally. The last thing we did before we left was set off a firecracker! It was a celebratory moment for me even though the firecracker went off in my hand before I could drop it! It feels good to have completed the season. We learned so much and made some very solid friends though the experience.

It is a trip to be back in the gray, rainy hive of Vancouver after being on the side of the mountain for so long. I'll miss the stars tonight and the crickets too. They are replaced by streetlights and the hum of the refrigerator.

It feels good to be back in Vancouver. We went to the Farmer's Market for the first time this season and it was nice to see all the happy vegetables. Now it's raining and I'm catching up on correspondence and other internet stuff. Plugged back into the grid!

I'm excited to catch up and have Thanksgiv'r dinner with lovely people Monday. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment