Saturday, September 11, 2010

Just a few thoughts...

Waiting for the Jay & Kevin's homemade pizza to come out of the oven... yummy. Spelt crust, sauce from scratch, tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, basil, onion and garlic all from the garden.

We're moving out of the busy season now, which is a relief to me and my back. I'm ready for the rainy season; rich, hearty food to nourish and saunas to heal and restore. Kevin is leaving us on Wednesday and we will definitely miss him. He's a funny, hard-working guy, the best kind to have around. I feel lucky to have a friend to go visit in Austria now! It's not "goodbye", it's "until next time!"

I've been busy with planning our trip to Hawaii and lining up farms to visit on Vancouver Island to see about our prospects for next season's apprenticeship. Even when we get an email saying, "Sorry, we're full," I can at least be happy that some person out there is learning about organic farming and that they will go on to incorporate that into their way of life.

Time to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment